16 houses, shops gutted in Ctg |
Staff Correspondent, Ctg
Sixteen houses and shops and two factories were gutted in a devastating fire in the city yesterday morning.
An electrical short circuit sparked off the blaze at Pathantuli, a densely populated area adjacent to Agrabad Sheikh Mujib Road, causing an estimated loss of Tk 30 lakh.
The fire that started at around 6.00am engulfed a factory of well-known sweetmeat house, Banoful, and at least 16 other shops and houses, fire service sources said.