Fire at Patharghata |
Property worth Tk 1crore damaged, 20 injured
Our Correspondent, Barisal
More than 50 commercial and residential units were gutted in a devastating fire at Patharghata Bandar of Barguna district in the early hours of yesterday.
Twenty people were injured and property worth about one crore taka were damaged in the fire caused by an electrical short circuit at a seed store at about 5:15am.
Ten of the serious injured were admitted to local hospital. Later one of them Suhad, 23, was shifted to Barisal Sher-e-Bangla Medical College Hospital in a critical condition.
As Patharghata has no fire service station, local people and the administration had to fight to extinguish the fire.
Barguna district and police officials have visited the spot.