'Playing under Dravid isn't an issue' |
Sourav Ganguly on Friday said he was pleasantly surprised at his ban for slow over-rates in one-day internationals being reduced from six to four matches and that he did not foresee any problem playing under Rahul Dravid in the tri-series in Sri Lanka.
"I did not expect that the ban will be reduced so much," Ganguly told newspersons at his Behala residence here.
Ganguly, who had been leading India since 2000 until his ban in April this year, said his sole aim as a cricketer was to play for the country and it did not matter to him whether he was captain or not.
"I don't mind playing under anybody -- be it Dravid or (Virender) Sehwag or Harbhajan (Singh)."
Ganguly was banned for six ODIs after India twice failed to complete its overs in time during the home series against Pakistan.
Having sat out of the last two matches of the Pakistan series, Ganguly would be eligible to play for India from the third match of the tri-series in Sri Lanka.
Ganguly would leave for Colombo on Sunday en route to Dambulla to join the Indian team before the side's third match against the Lankans on August 3.