Committed to PEOPLE'S RIGHT TO KNOW
Vol. 5 Num 689 Mon. May 08, 2006  
   
Metropolitan


3 shops gutted in fire in N'ganj


Three shops were damaged in a fire at Sirajuddowla Road here yesterday.

Fire Service sources said one CD and VCD shop was burnt to ashes and two other shops were partially gutted in the blaze that occurred at 6:30am.

The shops were closed when the fire broke out, the sources said, adding firemen doused the blaze within half an hour by breaking open the shutters of the shops.

The cause of the fire was stated to be an electric short circuit, the sources added.