Checklist on breast cancer |
* A variety of disease may affect the breast.
* A lump in the breast does not always means cancer. So you need not get worried if you experience a lump or pain in the breast.
* Mammography is not required in all cases; rather it is injurious to younger breasts.
* Breast cancer can be cured if detected early. But negligence can be resulted even in fatality.
* Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) enhances the risk of breast cancer. So in need of the therapy, you must consult a specialist.
* The mainstream treatment of breast cancer is surgery and surgeon is the keynote physician. Pathologist, oncologist, radiologist assist the surgeon during the treatment.
* Women can get information on breast diseases from radio, television and newspapers.
* You should consult with a specialist immediately if you feel any problem in your breast.