Applications and More...
-'Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave.'
* This is from Oracle Bangalore: >From an employee who was performing the 'mundan' ceremony of his 10 year old son:
-'As I want to shave my son's head, please leave me for two days.'
* Another gem from CDAC. Leave-letter from an employee who was performing his daughter's wedding:
-'As I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week's leave.'
* From H.A.L. Administration Dept:
-'As my mother-in-law has expired and I am the only one responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave.'
* Another employee applied for half day leave as follows:
-'Since I've to go to the cremation ground at 10 o-clock and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave'
* An incident of a leave letter:
-'I am suffering from fever, please declare one-day holiday.'
* A leave letter to the headmaster:
-'As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today'
* Another leave letter written to the headmaster:
-'As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for the day.'
* Covering note:
-I am enclosed herewith...'
* Another one:
- 'Dear Sir: with reference to the above, please refer to my below...'
* Letter written for application of leave:
'My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home I may be granted leave'.
* Letter writing:
-'I am well here and hope you are also in the same well.'
* A candidate's job application:
- 'This has reference to your advertisement calling for a ' Typist and an Accountant - Male or Female'... As I am both(!! )for the past several years and I can handle both with good experience, I am applying for the post.
Can you identify this great actor of Hollywood who has acted in numerous comedies? Can you name some of his movies?
Please send your answer by mail and if you have answered correctly we shall print your name. You may send your photo too if you want us to print alongside your name.