Me Knowing You
a People Person
* 10 percent of all human beings ever born are alive at this
* A person afflicted with hexadectylism has six fingers or
six toes on one or both hands and feet.
* A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn't
give her coffee.
* About 10% of the world's population is left-handed.
* Barbers at one time combined shaving and haircutting with
bloodletting and pulling teeth. The white stripes on a field
of red that spiral down a barber pole represent the bandages
used in the bloodletting.
* Isaac Newton, Peter Tchaikovsky and Annie Lennox were all
born on Christmas.
* Julius Caesar and Napoleon Bonaparte both suffered from
* Men commit suicide three times more frequently than women
do. But women attempt suicide two to three times more often
* Midgets and dwarves almost always have normal-sized children,
even if both parents are midgets or dwarfs.
* More people are killed annually by donkeys than die in air
* While sleeping, one man in eight snores and one in ten grinds
* Women shoplift more often than men; the statistics are 4
* You share your birthday with at least nine million other
people around the world.
* For the 66% of American's who admit to reading in the bathroom,
the preferred reading material is "Reader's Digest."
* Fourteen percent of the one million citizens of Nairobi,
Kenya carry the AIDS virus. Some 20% of the Kenyan military
is infected. (1997)
* Gerald Ford, George Bush, Tommy Lasorda, Ted Koppel, John
F. Kennedy Jr. and Bill Clinton are all left handed.
* In 1894 there were only 4 automobiles in the US.
* In most American states, a wedding ring is exempt by law
from inclusion among the assets in a bankruptcy estate. This
means that a wedding ring cannot be seized by creditors, no
matter how much the bankrupt person owes.
* Three chemicals are used to execute criminals by lethal
injection. First, Sodium Thiopental is injected, causing the
inmate to fall into a deep sleep. The second chemical agent,
Pancuronium Bromide, a muscle relaxer, follows. This causes
the inmate to stop breathing due to paralyses of the diaphragm
and lungs. Finally, Potassium Chloride is injected, stopping
* The ashes of the average cremated person weigh nine pounds.
* The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
* The average person is about a quarter of an inch taller
* The average person laughs about 15 times a day.
* The average person walks the equivalent of twice around
the world in a lifetime.
* The average male will spend 2,965 hours shaving during his
* The vocabulary of the average person consists of 5,000 to
* The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
* The most popular first name in the world is Muhammad.
* Offered a new pen to write with, 97% of all people will
write their own name.
(R) thedailystar.net 2004