A Roman Column
Slice of Life
Food for Thought
Write to Mita
Q & A
The metatarsal bones are located in which part of the human
2. What is the proper name for the birdie used in a game of
3. What day of the week is named after the Scandinavian god
of wisdom, war, and culture?
4. What country of the world has an annual birth rate closest
5. What eternally
popular children's literary character was introduced by British
writer A.A. Milne in 1926?
6. Words ending with "polis"
a)Two U.S. state capitals
b)Citadel of an ancient Greek city
c)A region made up of several large cities and their surrounding
7. From the Spanish word meaning rough or wild, what is the
cowboy's term for a bad-tempered or untamed horse?
8. Those hideous female mythological monsters who relentlessly
pursued evildoers were known collectively as what?
9. The range of female singing voice that is lower than soprano
but higher than alto has what two word name?
10. When dissolving salt in a glass of water, would you expect
the glass to warm slightly or to cool slightly?
11. What is the common Element on Earth ?
12. How Long Does it take for light from the moon to reach the
13. How many miles high is Mount Everest ?
14. Which Ocean goes to the deepest depths ?
15. Which Bear grows larger Brown Grizzly or Polar ?
16. What does HTML stand for ?
17. If I take 2 apples out of a basket containing 6 apples how
many apples do I have ?
18. A woman has 5 potatoes to feed 3 children how can she give
them equal portions without fractions ?
19. It occurs Once in a minute Twice in a week and once in a
year what is it ?
20. Which is the odd word out queen, king, pawn, bishop, cardinal,
21. Which 2 words are opposite in meaning -- demand, impede,
negate, ignore, provide , assert, ?
22. What is the world's smallest bird ?
23. Why do fireflies flash?
24. Which nation gave women the right to vote first ?
25. How long did Queen Victoria Reign for ?
26. Which animal was domesticated first the cat or the dog?
27. Which country features a maple leaf on its flag ?
28. What is northernmost land on earth ?
29. Who was the goddess of Love in Roman Myth?
30. Who was the goddess of Love in Greek Myth ?
www.triviacafe.com and http://www.ukwebstart.com
(R) thedailystar.net 2004