View from the Bottom
Bet you didn't know
- Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than for the US Treasury.
- The Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters.
- Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
- City with the most Rolls Royce's per capita: Hong Kong
- Percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28
- Percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38
- Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33
- Percentage of Americans who say that God has spoken to them: 36
- Percentage of men who say they are happier after their divorce or separation: 58
- Percentage of women who say they are happier: 85
- Number of different familial relationships for which Hallmark makes cards: 105
- Percentage of bird species that are monogamous: 90
- Percentage of mammal species that are: 3
- Portion of Harvard students who graduate with honours: 4/5
- Only President to remain a bachelor: James Buchanan
- Only first lady to carry a loaded revolver: Eleanor Roosevelt
- Only president to win a Pulitzer: John F. Kennedy, for "Profiles in Courage”
- Only president awarded a patent: Abraham Lincoln, for a system of buoying vessels over shoals
- Only food that does not spoil: honey
- Only bird that can fly backwards:Hummingbird
- Only continent without reptiles or snakes: Antarctica
- Only animal besides human that can get sunburn: Pig
- Ostriches stick their heads in the sand to look for water.
- An eagle can kill a young deer and fly away with it.
- In the Caribbean there are oysters that can climb trees.
- Polar bears are left-handed.
- Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
- Eskimos never gamble.
- The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
- The youngest pope was 11 years old.
- Mark Twain didn't graduate from elementary school.
- Proportional to their weight, men are stronger than horses.
- Pilgrims ate popcorn at the first Thanksgiving dinner.
- Your nose and ears never stop growing.
- Jupiter is bigger than all the other planets combined.
- Hot water is heavier than cold.
- Da Vinci invented the parachute in 1515.
- They have square watermelons in Japan. They stack better.
- Starfish have eight eyes--one at the end of each leg.
- Iceland consumes more Coca-Cola per capita than any other nation.
- First novel ever written on a typewriter was "Tom Sawyer.”
- There are more collect calls on Father's Day than any other day of the year.
- It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.
- Men get hiccups more often than women.
Copyright (R) thedailystar.net 2006