Home  -  Back Issues  -  The Team  -  Contact Us
        Volume 11 |Issue 20| May 18, 2012 |


 Cover Story
 Current Affairs
 Special Feature
 Life Style
 A Roman Column
 In Retrospect
 Book Review
 Star Diary
 Write to Mita

   SWM Home

Write to Mita

Write to Mita

Dear Mita,
I'm a 20-year-old girl, in a relationship with a boy for about one and a half years. I was convinced that our relationship was a stable one, until a few days back when I got to know that he had dated
another girl for a while, about five months ago and left her when he realised that he was doing something wrong. He accepted his guilt and begged me to forgive him. I badly love him but can't trust him anymore. What should I do?

Dear Perplexed,
Your decision will depend on how well you know him and can depend on him in the future. You need to think of all the reasons that you love him and whether you want to spend the rest of your life with him. I think you are too young to take such a serious decision now. However, one mistake should not condemn a person for ever. If he is really repentant then you should forgive him but think very carefully if this is the right person for you.

Dear Mita,
I am a single, 29-year-old man working in a job I have little interest in. I have never had a serious relationship and lately, I have been feeling very lonely and have been wishing I had someone to share my feelings with. Unfortunately for me, I am a very shy person and cannot approach women easily. Can you tell me how I can overcome this and find someone to fall in love with?

Dear Shy,
There are many shy women who are looking for a serious relationship. The challenge is to find the right match. Please don't think all women like extrovert, overbearing and over confident men. Some women find shy men very attractive. So just get over your hesitancy and find a friend in your own shy manner. I am sure you will find someone soon. Ask your friends or relatives to introduce you with women might be interested in someone like you. Regarding your job, start to look for another one, build up your skills but don't leave your present job before you find the next one.

Dear Mita,
I am a 22-year-old man. Lately I have noticed that my neighbour who is a middle-aged woman with a husband and two children, stares at me a lot. I pretend not to notice, but every time I go up to my terrace to smoke, she comes up to hers and watches me. My bedroom window is next to her kitchen window and I often see her trying to peek in. Twice, she asked me to come over and tutor her children but I refused. The problem is, I feel attracted towards her. I think she is very beautiful but I feel guilty every time I think about her. It is so wrong. What should I do?

Dear Guilty,
There is no need to feel guilty just because you think about an attractive woman who is giving you attention. However, in no way should you go beyond that. Please don't encourage her, she might have her own reason for behaving in such a manner but you are not to respond. Any response from you will end up in some kind of complication. Get your mind off this and start to meet and make new friends, both male and female.



Copyright (R) thedailystar.net 2012