The Daily Star

Your Right To Know
Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Sunday, June 22, 2008
Metropolitan

'92 Attack On Journos

Publication of probe report demanded

Leaders of Bangladesh Federal Union of Journalists (BFUJ) and Dhaka Union of Journalists (DUJ) yesterday demanded the government to publish the probe report on the attack on journalists in National Press Club on June 21, 1992.

"Neither the probe report on that attack was published nor the victim journalists got justice due to ill-motive of the then BNP government," the journalist leaders said.

They said the present government is trying the accused persons involved in killing, corruption and other irregularities. But no initiative has so far been taken to bring the killers of journalists to book, they regretted.

Chaired by former DUJ president Altaf Mahmud, the discussion, marking the 'Journalist Repression Day', was addressed by BFUJ President Manjurul Ahsan Bulbul, its former president Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury, BFUJ Secretary General Abdul Jalil Bhuiyan, DUJ President Shah Alamgir, General Secretary Omar Faruque, former DUJ president M Shahjahan Miah, former general secretary Azizul Islam Bhuiyan, Alhaj Zahirul Huq, Abul Kalam, Md Enamul Huq Babul, Saiful Islam Talukder, Shaban Mahmud, Noor-e-Jannat Akhter Sima, Rafique Ahmed., Tarun Tapan Chakraborty, Enamul Huq Chowdhury, Salim Ullah Selim, Kamal Chowdhury, Rajendra Chandra Dev Mantu, Sohel Sani and Anis Ahmed.

Referring to the irregularities in different government media organisations during the rule of BNP-Jamaat alliance, the leaders demanded immediate publication of a "white paper on corruption and anomalies in Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS) of that period as the present government is committed to ensure transparency in every sphere of the society."

They also urged the owners of newspapers and news agencies to implement seventh wage board immediately.

Share on



 






 

 


advertisement

 


The Daily Star

© thedailystar.net, 1991-2014. All Rights Reserved