Boy George's US solo summer tour is in doubt after authorities refused to issue him with a visa, citing looming overseas legal issues.
A statement from the singer and DJ's management said it was in relation to a forthcoming London trial on false imprisonment charges.
The 47-year-old denied the allegations in 2007 and was released on bail.
The former Culture Club frontman's 24-date tour is scheduled to begin on July 11 in Las Vegas.
"At the moment, Boy George cannot come to the United States of America because he has been refused permission to enter by the USA Administration," the statement said.
"This is not in respect of anything he has done in the past but because he is facing a trial in November in London for something that happened in April last year.
"George's lawyers in London have absolutely forbidden us to speak about the facts of that case and all I can say is that George is astounded at the decision and is having lawyers here in the States look at it in the hope that someone will change their mind.
"The proceedings that George faced in London are of course important and serious but George has been given unconditional bail by the police and the courts in London thereby permitting him to travel anywhere in the world.
"George really would love to come to America and repay his American fans' loyalty and that is why we are asking the US authorities to reconsider their decision."