The Daily Star

Your Right To Know
Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday, November 11, 2012
National

2 die after inhaling gas in septic tank

Two construction workers died and another fell seriously sick after they inhaled toxic gas inside a septic tank in Haluaghat upazila headquarters yesterday.

The deceased were identified as Abdur Razzaq, 25 and Abdul Ahad, 35, of Gubrakura village in the upazila.

Another worker, identified as Amirul Islam, 30, was rushed to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital in critical condition.

Police said, the three workers were cleaning a septic tank of a newly constructed building, owned by Iftekherul Islam Masud, headmaster of Haluaghat Girls High School, at around 12.30pm.

Abur Razzaq entered into the septic tank first. As there was no response from him after sometime, Ahad got into it. Finding both of them silent, Amirul also entered the septic tank and found them dead, said Musfiqur Rahman, officer in-charge of Haluaghat police station.

Hearing the scramming of Amirul, other workers rushed to the spot and rescued him in critical condition, said the OC. He was rushed to MMCH.

Razzak and Ahad died of suffocation and Amirul fell sick after inhaling toxic gas, said the OC.

Police recovered the bodies with the help of local people and sent those to MMCH morgue for autopsy.

Share on



 






 

 


advertisement

 


The Daily Star

© thedailystar.net, 1991-2014. All Rights Reserved