What are the challenges for Obama in the next four years?
1. 7.9% people are still unemployed in America. So new jobs must be created.
2. The unavoidable issue of budget deficit and the fiscal and monetary policy will be among the biggest challenges for Obama.
3. Pressing issues including Iran's nuclear programme, China's monetary policy, long-drawn civil war in Syria, continuous unrest in the Middle East, etc., should be dealt with judiciously.
4. In his first term the president ended the US military intervention in Iraq and pledged to bring back all the US combat troops from Afghanistan by 2014. Obama must keep his promise.
5. US' drone attacks in Waziristan have made him unpopular in Pakistan. He needs to regain the confidence of Pakistan to fight the Talibans.
6. The Palestine crisis needs to be resolved. Obama should play an important role here.
7. US foreign policy in South Asia is another important issue.
We hope president Obama will meet the challenges within the next four years.