The Daily Star

Your Right To Know
Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Business

International Business News

Airbus may cut production if crisis worsens

The boss of European aircraft manufacturer Airbus says he has not ruled out a cut in production if the economic crisis worsens, while promising to back clients facing difficulties financing the purchase of planes.

Answering a question on production cuts at a dinner given in Paris Monday by the Association of Professional Aeronautics and Space Journalists, Thomas Enders replied: "We can't rule anything out at the moment."

On October 15 Airbus said it had given up its goal of increasing production of its medium-range A320 jets to 40 a month in 2010, maintaining its output at 36.

Airbus has logged 119 cancelled aircraft orders since the start of the year, including 71 in October alone, company figures showed earlier this month.

October saw the cancellation of an order for 65 Airbus A319 airliners by the low-cost US carrier Skybus, which closed down earlier this year, an Airbus spokeswoman said.

Share on



 






 

 


advertisement

 


The Daily Star

© thedailystar.net, 1991-2014. All Rights Reserved