Several hundred survivors and relatives of the dead victims of Rana Plaza yesterday said they would observe the upcoming Eid at the collapse site and Shaheed Minar like the previous year, if they were not compensated before the festival.
They were addressing a human chain at the collapse site in Savar outside the capital marking 15 months of the disaster.
Under the banner of Bangladesh Garment Workers' Solidarity, and Rana Plaza Khotigrasto Sramik o Poribarbargo, they also brought out a procession from the venue to Savar Kancha Bazar.
Expressing agony, injured Nurul Islam, who was the only earning member of his family, said now he became a burden on his family as he could not work.
Saiful Islam, father of deceased Nilufa, said he was still to get any help from any quarter.
Emdadul Islam, president of Rana Plaza Garment Workers' Union; and Taslima Akter, coordinator of Bangladesh Garment Workers' Solidarity, spoke among others.
They also sought aid from the prime minister's fund.
Meanwhile, the dead victims' families were supposed to get more than Tk 29 lakh each while a permanent injured Tk 42 lakh, according to an estimate of International Labour Organization in last April.
ILO says it has made a target to disburse a total of US $40 million to the victims of which US $17 million has been collected from different sources and disbursement from the fund has started since April this year.
The nine-storey Rana Plaza, which housed five RMG factories, caved in on April 24 last year killing over 1,132 people and injuring hundreds.