"I still feel pain," says Tendulkar
Pti, Mumbai
Sachin Tendulkar said Saturday he was still feeling a bit of pain in his elbow but had been given a green signal by his doctors to play in the Challenger Series after being out of action for four months."It still pains a little (the elbow), but my doctors have declared me fit to play. I enjoy playing in the Challenger Trophy. It gives a perfect platform for me to test my match fitness," he said after a net session at the MIG Club in suburban Bandra which is close to his residence. Tendulkar had undergone a surgery for his tennis elbow problem in London at the end of May and has not played any competitive cricket since then though he has indulged in light practice sessions. Today he batted in the nets too. The ace batsman was given the go-ahead to play Friday and was named in the India Seniors squad to be led by Sourav Ganguly by the national selectors in Delhi who chose the three teams to play in the Challenger series. Tendulkar missed the first two tours of India in the new season, to Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe, and also pulled out of the upcoming ICC's Johnnie Walker Super Series in Australia after being named both in the One-Day and Super Test squads. He hopes to make his international comeback in the home series against Sri Lanka commencing on October 25.
|