Bangla Bhai's letter to Netrakona SP?
Our Correspondent, Netrakona
The Netrokona superintendent of police (SP) has received a letter purportedly from JMB leader Siddikur Rahaman Bangla Bhai asking him to arrest three persons 'involved' in the August 17 and December 8 bomb blasts in Mymensingh and Netrakona last year.If police fail to arrest them, there will be bomb attacks in Dhaka and Mymensingh, Bangla Bhai was quoted as saying in the letter. The three are Lal Mia from Chandpur, Rafiqul Islam Kazi and his uncle Abul Kashem from Tarakanda in Mymensingh.They are activists of the outlawed militant outfit, it said. Reports about the militant kingpin's letter created panic among people in the district town. Sources said the JMB leader in his letter mentioned that the three persons had taken Tk 5 lakh, explosives, revolvers and other fire arms from him for the bomb blasts in Mymensingh and Netrakona on August 17. Rafiqul was the key man behind those blasts and he is now preparing for bomb attacks in Mymensingh and Dhaka, the letter said. When contacted, SP Ali Hossen Fakir said he received a letter in the name of Bangla Bhai but it is yet to be confirmed who sent it. The letter was posted from Kamlapur Post Office in Dhaka.
|