Volume 3 Issue 4 | April 2010

Inside

Original Forum Editorial

The Share Market Bubble?--Jyoti Rahman
Is the Bull Market Sustainable?-- Ahsan Mansur
Share the Wealth-- Ifty Islam
Islamic Banking Revisited-- Mahfuzur Rahman
Bursting at the Seams-- Tanwir Nawaz
Photo Feature: Pathshala- OUC Reportage Project 2010:Near land and story behind--Jannatul Mawa
Photo Feature: Pathshala- OUC Reportage Project 2010: Black Blood-- Jashim Salam

Photo Feature: Pathshala- OUC Reportage Project 2010: House Wife --Farzana Hossen

Photo Feature: Pathshala- OUC Reportage Project 2010: Life Between Signals-- Sailendra Kharel
Photo Feature: Pathshala- OUC Reportage Project 2010: Unbearable Lightness of Being--Arifur Rahman
Who is the Greatest of Them All--Rehman Sobhan
Broken Promises--Ziauddin Choudhury
Who Will Bell the Cat?--Muhammad Muinul Islam
An Ailing City--Faruq Hasan interviews Dr. M Rahmatullah
The Problem with Politics--Muslehuddin Ahmed

Forum Home

Photo Feature:Pathshala- OUC Reportage Project 2010:

House Wife

A photofeature by Farzana Hossen

The term "housewife" is something that I hold close to my heart. I would say my mother embodies the term best; growing up, I have seen her juggle the roles of a wife, a mother, as well as running the entire household. In fact, in today's "progressive" society, I would say my mother is one of many unsung heroes whose contributions both within and outside the family are often overlooked and forgotten. For me, these photos evoke a sense of identity that I see eroding in the construction of the "modern" woman. These photos remind me of my mother as I always think her to be: responsible, hard working, and most importantly, full of love.

© thedailystar.net, 2010. All Rights Reserved